Here’s everything you need to know – GolfWRX
On Tuesday, Titleist announced that a new lineup of Scotty Cameron “Super Select” putters are coming soon in 2023. There will be 10 new Super Select putter models in total, but the release is happening in two waves:
- Six new Scotty Cameron Super Select models will hit stores starting March 17, 2023 (Newport, Newport Plus, Newport 2, Newport 2 Plus, Newport 2.5 Plus and Squareback 2)
- Then, four new Scotty Cameron Super Select models will hit stores on May 19, 2023 (Super Select Fastback 1.5, Del Mar and the new GOLO 6 and GOLO 6.5)
Compared to Scotty Cameron’s previous “Special Select” putters, which came out in 2020, Titleist says the new Super Select 2023 putters have new blade and mid-mallet model designs, revamped neck styles, refined shapes, new milling techniques, improved multi-material construction, and “cutting-edge” weight distribution. Scotty Cameron, of course, works closely with tour professionals week-in and week-out, so naturally there’s been a number of changes throughout the lineup since the previous 2020 release.
Overall, there are four major changes you’ll see throughout the Super Select 2023 putter family:
- Plus models: The Newport Plus, Newport 2 Plus and Newport 2.5 Plus models look like traditional blade-style putters, but they’re made with wider dimensions to help promote mallet-like forgiveness.
- Dual milling process: To enhance feel, sound and performance, Scotty Cameron is now using a dual-milled process, which he’s used previously on Tour Prototypes, according to Titleist. Here’s how the milling process works: “After a deep-milled pass of the mill across the putter face, a second pass of the mill levels the peaks of the face milling, producing a flatter, more consistent surface for the ball to contact the putter face,” says Titleist.
- “I-Beam” hosesEight of the 10 new models – aside from the Del Mar and GOLO 6 – feature a new hosel design that helps remove weight from the neck of the putter, which was then repositioned into the toe and heel portions of the heads to increase forgiveness.
- Weight configuration: The multi-material putters (303 stainless bodies and 6061 aircraft grade aluminum sole plates) have weights in the sole that are made from either stainless steel or Tungsten, thus allowing Scotty Cameron to optimize weighting distribution in each model.
Here’s what Scotty Cameron himself had to say about the 2023 lineup:
“With the new Super Select putters, the name just fits. I’ve been creating putters for a long time, and after each line rolls out and gets played, new ideas emerge. There’s always a better way. I try to make all the refinements I can bring more performance to the players, to give them more confidence and, in the end, hopefully more success.
Key to the 2023 Super Select family are the new ‘Plus’ models, which I introduced on Tour last year, then crafted into a few limited release models to really showcase this new higher-MOI blade design. Now, we have three new ‘Plus’ options in a few of our most popular designs. Additionally, I’ve brought back the GOLO name and shape in a new size. Familiar models like our Newport, Newport 2, Squareback 2, Fastback 1.5 and Del Mar all have our new dual-milling for a great feel off the face that combines the feel of a deep mill with the consistency across the face of mid-mill. Inspired by putters made for tour professionals, I have introduced new I-beam necks and various cosmetic upgrades to the finish and graphics. I’ve tried in every way to make these Super Select putters live up to their name.”
Each of the new Scotty Cameron Super Select putters are slated to sell for $449 a piece (MAP; Minimum Advertised Price), and they come stock with two customizable weights. The blade-style putters come equipped with a Pistolini grip, while the mid-mallets are equipped with a comparatively larger Pistolero Plus grip.
Here’s how Titleist describes the Super Select putter aesthetics:
New 2023 Super Select stainless steel putter heads all undergo Scotty’s silver mist process for a near-permanent, radiant, yet glare resistant, appearance and texture. The 6061 aircraft grade aluminum components have been misted and anodized in a clear, bright aluminum finish. Scotty’s familiar three-dot theme carries through to the back cavities as unpainted, raw circles milled into the stainless steel. The engravings and sight lines are painted asphalt gray, except on the soles where Scotty Cameron and the ‘+’ symbols on Plus models are accented in cherry red translucent paint.”
Scotty Cameron Super Select March 17 release (six models)
Super Select Newport
Super Select Newport Plus
Super Select Newport 2
Super Select Newport 2 Plus
Super Select Newport 2.5 Plus
Super Select Squareback 2
Scotty Cameron Super Select May 19 release (four models)
Super Select Del Mar
Super Select Fastback 1.5
Super Select GOLO 6
Super Select GOLO 6.5
See what GolfWRX members are saying about Scotty Cameron 2023 putters in our Forums